Thursday, June 28, 2012

Advanced Peek-a-Boo

The Munch has been playing peek-a-boo for more than half of his young life. I still remember the first day he threw his tiny hands over his eyes and waited for me to ask, "Where's the baby?" And the, "Doesn't she know I'm right here?" expression when he removed them to my excited, "There he is!"

Well, peek-a-boo has evolved quite a bit. Now, Munch will put clothes (mine or his) over his entire face and then very slowly, very sneakily, lower the item just a smidge so that only his eyes show with the most mischevious glint. When I cry, "There he is!" the shirt flies right back up over his forehead, then inches down sneakily again. With a little chuckle and eventually a squeal of delight.

This morning (6:40am, at least better than yesterday's 5:40am), after dive-bombing off the end of the bed, Munch stood up, then down, then up, then down, hiding behind the mattress as I couldn't help but sleepily laugh and inquire just where the baby had got to.

No comments:

Post a Comment