After 2 non-blogging weeks--which was the first time I failed at one of my New Year's Resolutions, to blog at least once a week--I'm putting up a post that fights against the relative bleakness that has been April 2013. There have been bright spots--not the least of which being our trip to the Eastern Shore to do Munch's 2-year pictures, and that post is tops of my list to write.
But there's also been bombings and explosions, ailing family cats (my sister's), egg-icide (I had to move a bird's nest from my front door and it had eggs in it FML), daycare pseudo-drama, mind-failing grandparents, and various other stresses that have made it a trying month.
BUT through it all Munch has remained the brightest, most amazing spot, as always. And here are 5 reasons why.
1) How he squeezes my nose and when I go "meep-meep-meep" he laughs hysterically.
2) How after his 2-hour ride in the Cozy Coupe yesterday afternoon, when he's woken up from sleep and immediately says, "Bye-bye car." He handled the end of the ride so maturely, saying "Nigh-nigh car" as I locked it back in our shed.
3) How he squeals with delight when he sees the "wee" (playground with slide) come into view.
4) How he "shopped" in our living room Saturday night, picking up every item he could find (his bottle, random socks, toys) and put them in his shopping cart, jabbering the whole time.
5) How he says "Daddy" in a tone I unfortunately can't describe adequately in writing, after Hubs swings him or tickles him or chases him. In that one word is delight, father-son collaboration, head-shaking "how can you be so silly" wonder, and love.