Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Little Things That Make Us Awesome

This week's Monday Listicles asks for 10 Little Things That Make My Family Awesome. I'm so happy with Hubs and Munch, so this list will be a cinch.

1. We laugh--a lot.

2. We split the chores (well, Hubs and I do, and I'm sure Munch will be brought into the mix when he's old enough--heck, he already carries around a water-filled bottle of carpet cleaner, following Daddy as he cleans up the ever-present kitty puke).

3. We love to be active together. The best nights are walk nights, with Munch in the stroller and Hubs by my side.

4. We let each other be still.

5. We support each other's interests. Hubs knows I sometimes need to hunker down and watch trash on TV. (He even has been known to watch LMN's Pick-a-Flick Fridays with me!) And I know that one of Hubs' great loves is and ever shall be video games.

6. We are committed to long-term goals, like reining in spending so we can get a bigger house in a couple years.

7. If there's a decision to be made, big or small, we consult each other before making it.

8. We say "I love you" every day.

9. We go grocery shopping together--it's one of Munch's favorite activities right now.

10. We lift each other up.

Bonus: We read. It's so important to me for Munch to see both of his parents enjoying and discussing books.

What makes your family special?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of fun! Our family shares many of the same things (including cleaning up kitty puke. WORST). We used to grocery shop together and it was one of our favorite things! But now with two kids it has become a different story... Although this last weekend my MIL watched the kids and Hubs and I went grocery shopping just the two of us. We actually had a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that going to the store with TWO kids is a much different experience! I know that Munch will likely eventually dread going, so I'm trying to soak it in!

      Delete
  2. enjoyed reading your list and glad it was easy to write :)

    ReplyDelete