Monday, August 28, 2017

Back in the Saddle (Goals, 8/28-9/3)

Again!

Summer is over and it's time to get serious. I go to the doctor on Friday for my physical and I anticipate not very good blood work. I am determined to change my lifestyle. I'm done with gaming the system, only making good choices for 2 days and then getting back into the same old routine. I only have one life and I intend to live it as healthfully as I reasonably can!

My instinct is to shoot for the moon on goals, but with two small kids at home, I know that's just setting myself up for failure. So, small steps. I will get there.

Goals for the week:

  • Track all food.
  • Eat no more than 1,900 calories per day.
  • Get 15 minutes of activity per day.
  • Eat all home-cooked meals.
 Let's do this! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi friend! I love your enthusiasm! I'm on a similar journey and reading a great book to help me understand my relationship with food. I've only just started it but I feel like if I can understand the reasons why I overeat, or even binge at times, then I can be more mindful and aware of what I'm doing. I'll let you know if I'm liking it before I recommend you read it. :) You've got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear about the book! Eating and not knowing why is one of my biggest questions about myself--I'm not even hungry most times and yet I just eat and then immediately want another. "Just don't eat it" seems like it should be so simple! But it's very hard for me.

      Delete
  2. Yesterday went well. Accomplished all the goals. Dinner was a throwback to our WW days--and of course I see why I weighed what I did then, considering the serving size! :)

    Today is a challenge for movement because the weather is terrible and no walk option. May do Sweatin to the Oldies with the kids, if they'll allow it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuesday and Wednesday were successful, though I had to have Panera on Wednesday evening--but I had a salad and did fine. I also have gotten my 15 mins a day either from dancing or walking. Tracking is going well. I feel very good and in control right now. The weekend looms, but eye on the prize.

    ReplyDelete